Data Privacy Disclaimer
The company needs to process your personal data in order to process your application for employment. There are also statutory requirements we have to comply with in relation to your application. If we are not able to carry our processing activities we describe ion the Privacy Notice we may not be able to continue with your application. This is simply information we are obliged to provide to you as a part of the recruitment process.
The data controller is Lokalise Inc. 2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2, Newark, Delaware DE 19702 USA. Lokalise DPO: [email protected].
Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Lokalise Inc. is a data controller. This means we are required under the data protection legislation to notify you of how we collect, process and store your personal data during the application and recruitment process. We will also explain what rights you have in relation to how we process our personal data.
In order to process your job application, we will collect the following information:
- your name, address and contact details including e-mail address and telephone number,
- details of your qualification, skills, and experience,
- education and employment history,
- interview notes and assessments,
- publicly accessible information found on the Internet.
We will collect the information from a range of sources which will include your application form, CV, passport or other identity documents and information provided by you directly through the interviews and assessments. We will need to process your personal data for one or more of the following lawful bases. Where we need to process your personal data to take specific steps at your request before entering into a contract with you or we need to process data to enter into a contract with you. This may include making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process to accommodate disabilities as and when requested. Where we need to process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, for example, if your application is successful, we will check your right to work in the EU before a job offer is made.
Our legitimate reason for processing your personal data is to enable us to gather data so that we can assess which candidate's skills and experience best match our job role requirements and is, therefore, most suitable for employment. We also need to process job application information in order to respond to and defend against and legal complaints. We will process your personal data for these legitimate reasons provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We will use your personal information for specific purposes (why, what personal data, legal basis):
- To communicate with you, your contact details, contract.
- To assess suitability to perform the role, your application form and CV (details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history), contract.
- To assess suitability to perform the role, interviews, and assessments, contract.
- To check your identity and right to work in the EU, passport, work, and residence permits, legal obligation.
- To make decisions about salary and compensation package, payments of agreed compensation (salary, bonuses) and as applicable deducting tax, mandatory social contributions, and national insurance contributions in accordance with local legislation, contractual, legal obligations.
- To assess suitability to perform the role, references from a former employer, consent*.
- To assess suitability to future employment opportunities, CV (details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history), consent*.
- Physical security, CCTV images, legitimate interest.
*If references are required, consent will be implicitly obtained when you supply details.
The company will not use your data any purpose other than recruitment purposes. We will only ask you to provide information which we believe is necessary for the application and recruitment process. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all. During the application and recruitment process, we will not rely on any automated decision-making. We will not share your data with third parties unless your application for employment is successful and you accept our offer of employment. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised use of your personal data.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. If your application for employment is unsuccessful and you have not provided the consent to keep your data for longer period of time, we may hold your data on file for 3 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you provide the consent, we may keep your personal data on file for 12 months for consideration for future employment opportunities. If you withdraw your consent, your data will be deleted or destroyed immediately. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The period for which your data will be held will be available in our data retention policy. Your data will be stored in a number of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and other ICT systems (including e-mail), and on hard copy. So that we can ensure that the personal data we hold in relation to you is accurate, it is important that you keep us informed of any change to that data.
Subject to legal limitation you have the right to:
- Request access to your data: you can ask us to provide a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request corrections to make to your data: if you think that your personal data is incomplete or inaccurate you can ask us to correct it.
- Request erasure of your data: if you consider there is no lawful basis for us to continue processing your data you can ask for that data to be deleted or removed.
- Object to processing of your data: if our lawful basis for processing you data related to a legitimate business interest (or third-party interest) you can raise and objection to that interest. You can also object to us having your information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request that processing restrictions be out in place: if you believe that your information is being processed without lawful reason or that the information is incorrect, you can request that a freeze/ restriction is placed on the processing on the information until your concerns are addressed.
- Request a transfer of your personal data: you can ask us to transfer your personal data to the third party.
If you wish to exercise any of the above, please contact [email protected]. You will not be expected to pay a fee to obtain your personal data unless we consider that your request for access to data is unfounded or excessive. In these circumstances, we may charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee where we have supplied a copy of your personal data and you then request another copy of the same information. Whenever you make a request for access to personal data, we may ask questions to confirm your identity to ensure that we are releasing personal data to the correct person. If we have asked for your written consent to obtain information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Once we receive your notice of withdrawal, we will cease processing your data unless we have any other lawful basis on which to continue processing that data.
The recruitment manager will ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with this privacy notice, data protection laws and any changed that might be made to those laws. If you have any concerns or complaints relating to how we process your personal data, please contact [email protected].
This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or any other contract to provide services. We reserve the right to amend or update this privacy notice at any time. We will provide you with a new notice when we make any updates.